- 47% of women have fantasies of dominating someone sexually.
- Masochism gives us a temporary relief from all the burdens of self-hood (Krafft-Ebing 1965).
- Consensual Master/slave relationships go back from now to ancient times.
- 68.8% of people (or rounded up to a nice 69) have “kinky sexual fantasies.”
- The most successful relationships very early on in dating are transparent about their needs.
- In most BDSM relationships, compared to vanilla relationships, the perceived compatibility of a couple was close to actual compatibility.
- When asked if they had done at least one BDSM activity, 48.8% responded yes. However, when asked if they had fantasized that number goes up by 22%.
- Those outside of the gender binary and those who are switches are critically under-researched.
(From a class by Brad Sagarin, the head of the Science of BDSM Research Team.)