- Do you have an end date in mind for this?
- What are you looking for from this?
- What kinky dynamic, if any, are you wanting from this?
- What time commitments are you wanting?
- How flexible are you?
- What context does our time take? (Dates, playdates, hanging out, events, other)
- How do you feel about communication with other partners during our time together?
- Are there times you won’t want contact? How will you communicate this need?
- How can I support you through hard times?
- What are your feelings on physical affection?
- What terms of endearment do you like?
- How often do you need sex from this?
- Who pays for dates?
- Is there a limit on how much that can be spent on gifts, and how often?
- What makes you feel jealous?
- How do you express anger or annoyance? What do you think is the best way for us to work through that?
- How should we address jealousy if it comes up?
- Who do we tell about our relationship? Facebook/Fetlife official?
- What titles do we have? (Boyfriend, partner, lover, etc.)
- How do you feel about meeting families?
- What do we share about our other partners?
- How involved do we want to be with our metamours?
- STI testing? Contraception?
- What are your deal breakers?
- What are some of your relationship boundaries?
- Do you have a love language?
- Do you have an apology language?
- How do we celebrate holidays/birthdays/anniversaries/etc?
- Are there things (activities, places, etc.) that are just for some but not all partners?
- Do you have any triggers that should be avoided?
- How will we know if the relationship isn’t working?
- What’s your poly style?
- How involved do you want us to be involved in each other’s kids lives, if any?
Published by Ashtyn Drapela
Poly, kinky, and chatty
View all posts by Ashtyn Drapela
2 thoughts on “33 Questions to Ask Potential Partners”